COVID-19 testing is continually evolving at Kettering Health Network. We are now able to offer multiple types of tests; however we are currently limited on volume. The following tests will be utilized with the assigned patient population.
Abbott ID Now Rapid Test
Beginning Wednesday, May 6 the Abbott ID Now Rapid test which takes 15 minutes will be used to rule out COVID-19 for the following groups:
- Persons Under Investigation (PUI) – patients with fever, cough, shortness of breath and a clinical suspicion of having active COVID-19 that require admission (click here to see algorithm)
- Women in labor
- Medical patients admitted to Kettering Health Network ICUs, excluding patients admitted to the ICU for post-operative care.
This test is collected via nasal swab. The Epic screen shot for this test is as below:
The current in-house PCR test will be used for the following patients:
- Re-testing positive COVID-19 patients to remove them from isolation
- Patients requiring COVID-19 testing to transfer to a SNF/LTAC/IPR/prisons/etc.
- Current patients in the ICU being medically treated on May 6, 2020 only
This test is collected through the nasopharyngeal method. The Epic screen shot for this test is as below:
The testing provided in partnership with Kroger Health is available to employees and EMS providers who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
Kettering Health Network testing options will continue to be evaluated daily for volume and appropriateness of testing. As volume allows further testing recommendations will be evaluated and communicated.
If you have questions, please call the Kettering Health Network Lab Front Desk at ext. 55012.