Nick Comstock gives this update on construction projects at Southview and Grandview:
Southview Medical Center:
- We are working on a new Medical Imaging room and support space.
- The Wetherell Skills Lab and Training Center is almost complete. The last of the lab equipment will be installed in September. This is last year’s Eagle Seekers project.
- We are beginning work on a remodel of the Cardiologist Suite in the Yankee Building that will merge three cardiology groups into one central office.
Grandview Medical Center:
We are entering a very crucial phase of the Emergency Department project.
- We opened a temporary EMS entrance area in order to build the new EMS/Trauma entrance in the next four months.
- Over 120 people are working over 108 hours a week.
- Seventeen new patient care rooms have opened in the Emergency Department. This includes four new advanced care trauma patient rooms and a new six-bed Behavioral Health Unit.
- A new CT scanner will be installed beginning September 18.
- Two new Trauma/X-ray suites are under construction now.
- In addition to the usual construction pieces there are several new low systems being installed and turned over to the Emergency Department staff with each new phase of the ten-phase project.
- The new Cardio EP suite equipment will arrive on August 23.
- The new Cardiac Cath Lab equipment will arrive on August 24.
- Three new air handlers to serve all of the new equipment and spaces are being custom built and are currently under construction. The first of these is scheduled for delivery August 4.