Due to the increase in transmission of COVID-19 that is occurring in our communities, Kettering Health Network will offer each employee and provider reusable goggles or face shields to wear while working.
- Recommended for all patient-facing employees: direct care employees, registration, volunteers, and screeners
- Available for all non-patient-facing employees
Obtaining goggles/face shields for your departments
- Clinical areas: goggles/face shields will be stocked on your unit.
- Registration and volunteers: obtain from your department leaders
- Screeners: supplies will be at the screener station
- All other areas:
- Department leader: order supply based on average number of employees, plus five additional
Guidelines and best practices
- Eyeglasses do not replace goggle/face shields. Face shields should be worn over regular eyeglasses for added protection.
- Masks are still required with goggle/face shield.
- Goggles/face shields are to be used for the duration of the shift.
- Goggles/face shields are reusable, and not to be discarded unless damaged.
- Goggles/face shields will be returned at the end of shift for reuse.
- Clean your face shield using Oxivir Tb wipes or hospital-approved disinfectant spray.
- Clean goggles/face shields will be placed in specified bin and ready for reuse.
- Clean your hands before and after touching your goggles/face shields.
- Clean your goggles/face shields at the beginning of every shift, and anytime you put on your goggles/face shields.