Grandview Medical Center’s Medical Education team held its annual graduation ceremony on May 24, celebrating 36 residents who graduated from 12 osteopathic residency programs and two fellowships.
Each residency program introduced their graduating residents and fellows, describing their accomplishments and character for the audience. In addition to the graduation ceremony, the residents below received special awards:
- M.D. Carter Award: Eric Phillips, DO, and Hiep Luu, DO
- John C. Knox Award: Kirsti Jones, DO
- Teacher of the Year Award: Justin Thomas, DO
- Sean Wyman, DO, Award: Holly King-Stevens, DO
- Alison Clarey, DO, Award: James Gebhart, DO
- Robert Melashenko, MD, Award: Brandon Hilburn, DO
- Nick Ford, DO, Award: Bryce Mieczkowski, DO
- Intern of the Year Award (presented by Emergency Medicine Department): Cory Thomas, DO
Several physician faculty were also recognized for their years of teaching service in the residency programs. Karl Borsody, MD, and Maureen Leist, MD, were recognized for 10 years of service. Ingrid Brown, DO, was recognized for 20 years of service, and Janis Roberts, DO, was recognized for 25 years of service.