Effective March 8, 2021 at 8 a.m.
After careful evaluation of the Governor of Ohio’s information decree and statewide initiatives, Kettering Behavioral Medical Center has made the decision to allow patients to have one (1) visitor per day by scheduled appointment only. The process for visitation is outlined below.
Step 1: Staff discusses with patient that they are allowed one visitor per day and provides the following instructions to the patient:
- Patient is to contact visitor and schedule visit in advance using the available time slots posted at the nurses’ station.
- Patient is to provide visitor with password required for visitation and inform them to bring ID.
- Visitor should be instructed to leave all belongings in the car and will not be allowed to bring any items to the patient.
- Visits will be restricted up to 30 minutes.
- Visitors will need to enter the facility through the back entrance, not the front.
- During the visit, both patient and visitor must wear masks, or they will not be allowed to visit.
Step 2: Patient contacts visitor to schedule a visit using the open time slots available. The time slots and designated visit areas within the facility will be posted at the nurses’ station on each unit.
Step 3: When visitor arrives at the facility, staff screens visitor for COVID-19 symptoms using the following questions:
- Are you COVID-19 positive, or have you been exposed to anyone who is COVID-19 positive in the past 14 days?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19, and are you waiting on results?
- Do you have, or have you had any of the following in the last 10 days:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- In the past 10 days have you had any new or unexplained symptoms?
Step 4: If the visitor passes the screening questions and provides password, staff is to provide a copy of the Mask Requirement information form to visitor.
- Visitor is informed that they cannot bring any items into the facility.
- If visitor is unable to wear a mask, they will be asked leave and to reschedule the visit for when they are able to wear a mask.
Step 5: When visit is complete and visitor leaves, staff must clean the visit area with hospital-approved cleaning supplies.