There is a delay in our new manufacturer’s distribution of PAPR hoods. To conserve our PPE PAPR hoods we will be cleaning the hoods between providers as detailed below.
- Units will be supplied with one (1) hood per PAPR blower.
- Inspect hoods prior to use for erosion or tears.
- Clean PAPR hoods with hospital-approved disinfectant prior to donning.
- After doffing, inspect and clean with hospital-approved disinfectant.
- Allow hood to air-dry upright before storing PAPR hood in supply room.
If you have additional questions, please reach out to your manager or infection preventionist.