The Employee Health Call Center reopened in December to support employee safety and to provide additional resources as the demand for Employee Health services and information related to the COVID vaccine increased in late 2020.
As we continue to see a decline in the number of COVID-related illnesses across the state and within our network, we are transitioning back to normal Employee Health operations.
As of Friday, February 5 at 2:30 p.m., the Employee Health Call Center is closed.
Moving forward, employees can access Employee Health services by reaching out directly to their campus-specific Employee Health team. Campus Employee Health teams will continue to address questions related to COVID symptoms and illness, as well as the COVID vaccine and any reactions to the vaccine that may occur outside the vaccine clinic. Campus Employee Health teams can also address questions related to COVID testing.
Employee Health hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 6:30 am to 5:00 pm. The Employee Health offices will respond to all calls within one business day. Consistent with normal operations, nursing supervisors are available after hours to assist with employee injuries and exposures.
Employee Health office contact information:
- Kettering/Kettering Behavioral Medicine Center Employee Health: (937) 395-8894
- Sycamore Employee Health: (937) 384-8705
- Grandview/Southview Employee Health: (937) 723-4228
- Soin/Greene, Troy, Kettering Physician Network Employee Health: (937) 702-4115
- Fort Hamilton Employee Health: (513) 867-2612
Additional information regarding Employee Health best practice and COVID-related process is available on our COVID-19 webpage.
- Employee Health Reminders – Includes best practice safety behaviors and information regarding reporting positive COVID-19 test results
- COVID-19 Vaccinations Outside of Kettering Health Network