*This change does not apply to patients suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19
Effective March 16, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
We have been encouraged by the trend we see of COVID-19 cases in the community and the number of patients needing to be hospitalized because of COVID-19. For this reason, we are changing visitor restrictions for the following areas.
Current patients, and patients coming for an emergency department visit, hospitalization or outpatient procedure, will be permitted two (2) visitors at a time. Any additional visitors must wait outside the facility until their turn to see the patient.
Visitation for office visits may vary by provider. Patients and visitors are encouraged to check visitor policy with individual providers prior to their office visit.
There are no changes to the current visitation process for KBMC Behavioral Health, IP Rehab, or patients suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19 in the ED, Inpatient, Outpatient Procedure, and Maternity units.
Exceptions to the two–visitors policy:
- No visitation will be allowed by anyone under the age of 18 unless they are the parent or legal guardian of a pediatric patient.
- No NICU visitation for confirmed COVID-19 mothers and partners while able to transmit COVID-19.
- No COVID-19 positive persons or symptomatic individuals will be permitted to visit the patient unless it has been greater than 10 days since the test or onset of symptoms.
- No individuals awaiting test results will be permitted to visit patients.
- No visitors will be allowed to accompany a patient for outpatient testing, such as non-invasive radiology testing, routine x-rays, and lab studies. Patients who require assistance due to mobility, reorienting/confusion (patient safety), interpretation, court orders, or health care decision-making may have one (1) assistance person.
- No visitors will be allowed to accompany a patient for outpatient physical, occupational, or speech therapy. Patients who require assistance due to mobility, reorienting/confusion (patient safety), interpretation, court orders, or health care decision-making may have one (1) assistance person.
Hospital, Emergency Department, Outpatient Surgery
- Inpatient rooms with double occupancy are limited to a total of two (2) visitors at any time for the room regardless of the number of patients in the room. Please refer to the document here regarding preferred messaging to patients about this limitation.
- Patients suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19 are allowed one (1) designated visitor for entire length of stay and are allowed to visit only by appointment. Please refer to the visitation process posted on 2/17/2021 on the Kettering website link here.
Visitor Mask Policy
- Patients and approved visitors should wear a mask.
- Patients and visitors may provide and wear their own mask or will be required to accept and wear the mask provided by the hospital facility.
- Masks or facial coverings must fully cover the nose and mouth. Masks should be worn at all times.
- If a visitor refuses to wear a mask, visitor will be asked to leave the facility until they are able to wear a mask.