After careful evaluation, Kettering Incident Command has made the decision to open up patient visitation, but in a limited capacity to continue to maintain the safety of all patients, visitors, and staff. The decision to allow visitation again as soon as possible is to support interpersonal relationships that impact the well-being of our patients.
Effective Monday, January 18 at 8 a.m., current patients and patients coming for an emergency department visit, hospitalization, outpatient procedure, or office visit will be permitted one (1) visitor for the duration of their stay.
No visitation will be permitted for outpatient physical, occupational, or speech therapy.
No visitation will be allowed by anyone under the age of 18 unless they are the parent or legal guardian of a pediatric patient.
No visitors for patients suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19.
The following exceptions still apply:
We are continuing to screen visitors as they enter our facilities, and they should continue wearing masks when in the common areas of the facility (ex: hallways, public restrooms, dining areas) and when a caregiver is present in a patient room.
Inpatient Designated Visitor Process
- Staff should discuss and identify the patient’s one designated visitor for entire length of hospital stay.
- Once the designated visitor is identified, provide them a green wristband. This is their ticket to visit.
- When providing the designated visitor the green wristband, print and review the handout about mask requirements, COVID-19 symptoms, and restrictions for visitor/patient meal sharing.
- The visitor keeps the handout.
- If the visitor has concerns about the Safety First strategies in the handout, please use your chain of command to address their concerns.
- Designated visitor’s name and phone number should be documented in Epic using the FYI section.
- Instruct the visitor to check in at the nurses’ station every time they visit the patient, and to keep their green wristband at all times.
Surgery Designated Visitor Process
- Staff will apply the green wristband to the designated visitor in the reception area of OR.