As we say goodbye to 2016, we have a lot to be thankful for. Southview has grown tremendously!
Our accomplishments in 2016 include:
- delivering approximately 1900 new babies
- performing close to 10,000 surgical procedures
- triaging/treating approximately 16,000 Emergency Department patients
- caring for over 4,000 inpatients, who stayed for over 14,000 days
- renovating and improving the appearance of the lobby, Med/Surg and Emergency Department – plus a coffee shop!
I don’t currently know the number of patient access registrations, respiratory treatments, physical therapy treatments, prescriptions filled, meals served or hours spent cleaning and preventing infection, but I know it was thousands!
Albert Schweitzer said, “I don’t know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve.” He also stated, “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”
I’d like to humbly and sincerely thank you for your sacred service in 2016. You touched thousands of lives and souls, making a significant difference. My wishes for 2017 are that we continue to serve our community and that we be healthy, happy, and successful as Dr. Schweitzer said. Please let me know what I can do to support you in 2017!