Groundbreaking, FDA-approved technology allows for the decontamination and reuse of N95 masks. Effective now, used N95 masks will be collected at end of shift.
Note: When using the N95 mask, wearing makeup, including foundation is not allowed. Only masks free of visual soiling will be acceptable for reprocessing.
Disposal of PPE
- Go to nearest designated Dirty Utility Room
- Place N95 Mask in bin marked “Used N95 Masks Only”
- For soiled and damaged: If the mask is dirty with visual soilage (bodily fluid, blood, or makeup, including foundation), or damaged (ripped, torn), dispose in biohazard trash within Dirty Utility Room
- Do not put in bin for reprocessing
- Place brown bag in Dirty Utility trash can
- For soiled: Dispose in biohazard trash
- Do not put brown bags in bin for reprocessing