Scheduled C-Sections and Scheduled Inductions
- Physician orders the Community COVID Pre-surgery Test either in Epic or on paper script. The order is SARS-COV-2 LAB98415.
- Starting Monday, July 13, the patient can self-schedule a COVID testing appointment online at the following locations. Remember: This needs to be completed three days prior to the date of the procedure.
- Fort Hamilton Hospital patients can schedule at Fort Hamilton’s Emergency Department, Kettering Health Network Middletown’s Emergency Department, or Southview Medical Center’s drive-thru testing site.
- Soin Medical Center, Kettering Medical Center, and Southview Medical Center patients can schedule at Southview or Huber Heights drive-thru testing sites.
- The Network Operations Command Center will page the ordering physician for any positive tests.
The physician would then have a conversation with the patient regarding the test and decide on next steps.
Same-day Inductions and Antepartum Patients
- Patients admitted as antepartum, same-day inductions, or early labor will be tested using the in-house PCR test. The order is SARS-CoV-2 PCR LAB98416.
- Personnel will use the appropriate standard precaution PPE (surgical mask and goggles) until the test is resulted.
Patients in Active Labor
- Patient will be tested with the Rapid SARS-COVID Test. The order is SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Test.