Thank you to all who completed the COVID-19 vaccine survey. We have been actively sorting the data into the priority groups identified by the Ohio Department of Health guidelines. Based on the feedback from survey responses as well as the quantity of vaccines we expect to receive, we believe we can vaccinate the direct patient care providers as well as patient-facing individuals who completed the survey by noon on Monday, December 21 and answered that they would like to receive the vaccine immediately.
Individuals who are eligible to receive the vaccine in this first wave of roll-out will receive an email with a link to schedule the first dose of vaccine. Please note that notifying those individuals is an ongoing process, and emails about scheduling appointments will be sent in multiple groups over the next few days.
As we begin distributing the vaccine, please remember that the efficacy of this vaccine is highly dependent upon the completion of the second dose in approximately 4 weeks. It is important for you to commit to receiving the second dose prior to receiving the first.
If you have had a prior documented COVID-19 infection, please wait at least 90 days from that date before receiving the vaccine. This decreases the risk of a reaction.
Tips for the appointment
- Please arrive at your scheduled time. Do not arrive early.
- Bring your employee badge.
- You will receive a shot in your arm, please wear something that will allow easy access to your arm.
- Some patients report reduced pain and discomfort when taking ibuprofen or acetaminophen prior to receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. Talk to your primary care physician to determine if that is an option for you.
- Be prepared to schedule your second dose during your appointment.
- If possible, try to schedule your dose on a day in which you do not work the next day.
- Plan on being observed for 15-30 minutes after the vaccine for a reaction.
If you completed the survey but do not meet phase 1 criteria as defined by CDC guidelines, please continue to monitor your Kettering Health Network email for future updates. We are expecting a second shipment of vaccine, and information about additional vaccine availability will be coming at a later date.
If you have not yet completed the survey, we ask that you do so now by clicking here.
An appeals process is being developed. Further details will be provided soon.
This is a fluid situation, and we will continue sharing updates as they are available. Thank you for your patience as we work to protect the safety and well-being of our care teams.