According to Life Connection of Ohio, more than 120,000 people are waiting for life-saving organ transplants. The need for organs far exceeds the supply. Soin, Greene, Grandview, Southview, and Sycamore are hosting organ and tissue donation registry drives in April.
- April 3, the Donate Life Green Chair will be on display in the Soin lobby to remind people that organ donations give life to some.
- April 10, the Donate Life Green Chair will be on display in the Greene Memorial lobby.
- April 11 is National Blue and Green Day. Life Connection of Ohio will be in front of the Kettering cafeteria from noon – 2 p.m. for employees, visitors and volunteers to show their support and put their hand print on the “Show of Hands for the Gift of Life” banner.
- April 15, Southview will have a Donate Life Flag Raising Ceremony at 10 a.m.
- April 17, Grandview will have a Salute to Organ Donors and Flag Raising Ceremony at noon.
- April 18, Sycamore will participate in Donate Life Blue Green Day from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. The Life Connection of Ohio large donation poster will travel throughout the hospital. All registered donors will be able to place their hand print on the poster. Sycamore will also have a flag raising ceremony in April and the exterior of the building will be lit up with blue and green lights.
One person can save up to eight lives through organ donation and 50 more through organ tissue donation. Consider becoming an organ donor. To find out more information about organ, eye, and tissue donation or to register to become a donor, please visit www.DonateLifeOhio.org.