In support of the state mask order issued July 23, 2020, we are requiring masks to be worn in all KHN facilities. This is considered a public health and safety issue and needs to be complied with when entering our buildings.
When a patient/visitor refuses to wear a mask within our facilities, the following guidelines are recommended:
- If being seen for an emergent reason or treatment, proceed with care.
- If being seen for an outpatient visit, testing, or treatment
- Offer another appointment or return visit they can attend masked.
- Offer a telehealth visit if appropriate, with the patient at home.
- Emergency Department, outpatient appointments, and procedures:
- Ask the visitor to wait in their car and leave a contact number for the clinical team to access if needed.
- Ask the visitor to return at another time when they can wear a mask.
- Offer them technology options (Doxy.me) to visit with their loved one.