Currently, Kettering Health Network has hydroxychloroquine inventories in two different locations: hospitals and retail pharmacies. The current inventory levels are: hospitals 3,975 tablets; and retail pharmacies 2,877 tablets.
The network has three potential patient populations that could have HOCQ orders or prescriptions.
- Inpatients with positive COVID-19 test
- Employees with prescriptions who test positive to COVID-19 test
- Employees with prescriptions for lupus or RA
To better manage this inventory, Kettering Health Network Pharmacy is recommending the following:
- Inpatients – Follow the approved hydroxychloroquine restrictions
- Employees with prescriptions who test positive – Follow state board of pharmacy criteria—must have positive test and dispenses are limited to a 14-day supply
- Employees with prescriptions for lupus or RA – Existing patients can still receive a 30-day supply. However new prescriptions for lupus or RA will be not be filled given new state board of pharmacy restrictions.
Kettering Health Network Pharmacy continues to monitor inventory levels and the above criteria could change based on availability.