- Increasing volumes at the Regional Lab are contributing to an increase in the time that results are available.
- KHN is transitioning COVID testing for patients who are having procedures at a KHN facility to a KHN lab.
Please see below and the attached FAQs for more details.
As you likely know, Kettering Health Network has been providing COVID testing in multiple ways. For our outpatients we have provided drive thru screening sites at Southview Hospital and Huber Heights since June and some limited testing in our ED’s for pre-procedure patients that are having their procedures at KHN. The increasing volumes and limited testing resources in our region require your help to ensure that we prioritize and support the most vulnerable patients needing testing.
There are some changes that are being rolled out next Monday that we wanted to make you aware of. The attached FAQ will provide you with these changes as it relates to our drive thru testing. Our testing priorities for outpatient, given our limited regional resources at this time, will be the following:
- Pre-procedure patients whose providers are a KHN affiliate provider (swabbed at our drive thru sites with testing and resulting managed by the KHN labs allowing for more timely resulting).
- Patients Under Investigation (PUI) from our KHN affiliate providers – continue to be sent to regional lab for testing and resulting.
- KHN Employee Health – continue to be sent to regional lab for testing and resulting.
- SNF/LTAC patients – continue to be sent to regional lab for testing and resulting.
- Non-symptomatic patients (students and other general community) – requesting these be sent to University of Dayton or one of the pop-up testing sites that are being provided by our local, county and state health departments.
Patients are required to schedule their appointments through our scheduling platform. Patients presenting without a scheduled appointment, may be accommodated, however they may experience longer wait times as we prioritize to those with scheduled appointments. The scheduling platform can be accessed at the following website here. Click on the red COVID banner, select testing, and then select schedule appointment.
Our guidelines for testing continue to require a physician/provider order. Please click here for the order information.
Test results for KHN pre-procedure patients could take up to 72 hours and all others could take up to 7 days to result. Thanks for helping to manage patients expectations and encouraging them to plan accordingly, when procedures are involved.
See the attached FAQ here for more specific details on the current processes and changes. Keep in mind, this may change from time to time, given volumes, resources and guidelines from the state and federal government. We will ensure that we provide you timely communication regarding any future changes.