The end of the year is quickly approaching, so in preparation for the upcoming year, please take a moment to review these important reminders from the network Payroll Department. Any employee changes need to be made and submitted no later than the end of the day on Wednesday, December 23.
- Please review your address on your check to ensure this is the proper mailing address for your 2015 W-2. Even if you have chosen to receive your W-2 electronically, it is still important that your address be correct. If you need to update your address, please go to UltiPro on the Intranet and go to Myself > Personal > Name, Address, and Telephone and click on “Change Name, Address, or Telephone” located in the upper right hand corner under “Things I Can Do.”
- Please confirm that your name is spelled correctly and that it matches how your name appears on your Social Security Card. Also, please confirm that your Social Security Number is correct in the system. You can verify this by going to UltiPro and going to Myself > Personal > Private Info. Your name and social security number will appear at the top of the screen. It is important that this information is correct on your W-2. If either of these items need to be corrected, please contact Human Resources.
- Please complete a new W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate, if you have had any changes to your federal income tax filing status, exemption allowances, or exempt status since your last W-4 filing. If you need to make changes, please complete a new W-4 and submit the form to Human Resources. The W-4 form can be found on the Intranet under Payroll > Intranet > Tax Forms.
- It is vital that you verify your local residence tax code is correct – including the school district. This can be verified by logging into UltiPro,and going to Myself > Pay > Income Tax. On the screen, it will list list all local taxes set up on your record. If you do not see your local residence or school district tax listed, please contact the Human Resources department.
- If you claimed “exempt” from federal income taxes on your W-4 for 2015 and you still meet the requirements to do so again for 2016, you will need to complete a new W-4 by February 16, 2016 to maintain your status. Please be sure to review the IRS requirements for exempt status on the W-4.
- The employee contribution rate for Social Security withholding is 6.2 percent.
- The 2016 Medicare employee tax is 1.45 percent with an additional 0.9 percent on individual wages in excess of $200,000.
- The maximum Social Security wage base will stay the same as 2015 being $118,500 for 2016.
- If you would like to receive your W-2 electronically, it will be available on UltiPro. To choose this option, within UltiPro, go to Myself > Pay > W-2. On the W-2 tab, click on the “Change W-2 Consent Form” button and select “I consent to receive my Form W-2 electrnoically” to opt out of receiving a paper W-2. After you make your selection, hit “Save.”
If you have any questions on the above items, please contact the network Payroll Department at (937) 762-1600 or firstname.lastname@example.org