Employees who do not work the Memorial Day holiday—and all future holidays—will need to use PTO when they take off regularly scheduled work hours.
Kettering Health Network will be making changes to the PTO program in response to feedback from employees.
“As we strive to continue to grow as a great place to work, two-way communication and collaboration are essential to building a community,” says Tim Dutton, VP of Human Resources. “We continue to offer competitive, valuable programs by reviewing benefit programs regularly, incorporating industry best practices, and listening to employee feedback.”
A desire for flexibility and choice with PTO
When employees shared their thoughts through the Employee Engagement Survey and focus groups, common themes emerged.
“Many employees brought up the PTO bank maximum and holiday pay. What we heard was that employees wanted to have more flexibility to accrue and choose when to use their PTO,” says Tim.
So starting on the May 21 pay period (reflected in the June 8 paycheck), two changes to the PTO program will go into effect:
- Holidays will return to the PTO bank instead of being paid automatically.
- The PTO bank maximum will increase from 256 hours to 320 hours.
What does this mean for employees?
- Six holidays each year, which are currently paid automatically, will transition back into the PTO accrual.
- Benefit-eligible employees will see an increase in their PTO accrual rates on the June 8 pay check.
- Benefit-eligible employees will receive the holiday PTO time they would have earned from January 2017 and on.
- Employees who do not work the Memorial Day holiday—and all future holidays—will need to use PTO when they take off regularly scheduled work hours.
- Employees will be able to accrue up to 320 hours in their PTO bank, accounting for the addition of holidays (48 hours) as well as an additional 16 hours.
- New employees will be allowed to carry a negative PTO balance of up to 24 hours to cover observed holidays that occur within the first 90 day of employment.
If you have any questions, please call Employee Connect at 1-844-235-4647 or ext. 70000.