Starting Friday, May 22, Oxivir Tb disinfectant spray will be available for use in the following specific locations:
- Emergency Departments
- Ambulatory care
- Radiology areas
In addition to these focused areas, it will also be made available for use in other areas should SANI-Wipes become unavailable.
Oxivir Tb spray disinfects high-touch* surfaces in 1 minute. Using Oxivir Tb spray supports our network Safety First enhanced cleaning for prevention.
|New product addition:|
Oxivir Tb Spray
|Product in use:|
|1-minute kill time||2-minute kill time|
|2-year shelf life||2-year shelf life|
How to use Oxivir Tb spray:
- Wear gloves
- Spray the paper towel first, making sure it is saturated
- If visibly dirty, wipe the surface TWICE
- Wipe to clean the surface of visible dirt or debris
- Wipe again to disinfect with a new sprayed paper towel
- Allow the product to sit for 1-2 minutes. If still wet, you may use a separate, clean paper towel to dry the surface. Otherwise, allow to dry naturally if surface is not immediately needed.
- Clean hands when finished.
EVS will supply the Oxivir Tb disinfectant spray and paper towels. DO NOT DISCARD empty spray bottles. Call EVS to exchange bottles. Empty bottles will be collected and refilled for re-circulation.
Inpatient care areas will continue to use Sani-Wipes for disinfection.
The disinfectant spray information is now updated in the Safety First Cleaning and Patient Messaging PPT (click here to view).
Thank you for your support for enhanced cleaning for prevention and creating a safe environment.
*High touch examples: tables, rails, door handles, equipment handles, light switches, phones, chairs, IV poles, call buttons, bathroom handrails, flush handle, stethoscopes, pens, computers, etc.