To support funding for Montgomery County Human Services, you can vote for the renewal levy (issue 1) October 5-November 2. This renewal will not raise taxes, and without it, more than half of local human services funding, $70 million a year, will be gone.
Some of the services that would be kept are:
- Programs to protect children from abuse and neglect
- Health care and meal delivery for frail, elderly residents
- Housing and services for developmentally disabled adults
- Hospital care for people who have no other way of paying
- Availability of groceries and healthy food in urban neighborhoods
- Early diagnosis and treatment for children with physical and mental disabilities
Kettering Health employees can pick up yard signs supporting issue 1 at multiple Montgomery county locations including:
- Kettering Medical Center
- Sycamore Medical Center
- Southview Medical Center
- Grandview Medical Center
- Kettering Physician Network – Woodman
To learn more, visit keepmontgomeryhumanservices.com.