This quiz is now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated! Winners are listed below:
- Prestige/ASB: Donna Jenkins
- Fort Hamilton: Julie Harris
- Sycamore: April Ramey
- Kettering: Brittney Phillips
- Greene: Ron Swiger
- Soin: Chris Wright
- Southview: Kelly Hemm
- Grandview: Kevin Towe
- Kettering Physician Network: JoEllen Tapalman
And the grand prize goes to Eryion Bolden from Sycamore!
We’re taking time during Black History Month to highlight African-American physicians who made an impact on the healthcare industry.
Match the accomplishments below to the physicians listed in the survey form. Those who answer all questions correctly will be entered to win a pair of tickets to the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center in Cincinnati, with one winner selected for each campus. There will also be a grand prize drawing at the end of the month, and all who take the quiz will be eligible.
- This person was the first African-American physician elected president of the American Medical Association. Answer: Dr. Lonnie Bristow
- This physician was the first African-American person to successfully complete open-heart surgery. Answer: Dr. Daniel Hale Williams
- This physician was the first African-American woman appointed Surgeon General of the United States. Answer: Dr. M. Joycelyn Elders
- This physician was the first African-American man to successfully separate conjoined twins who were joined at the head. Answer: Dr. Ben Carson
- This physician was the first African-American female neurosurgeon in the United States. Answer: Dr. Alexa Canady