To continue protecting the safety and well-being of our patients and our teams, we are updating our visitor policy. Effective Tuesday, December 1 at 12:01 a.m. current patients and patients coming for an emergency department visit, hospitalization, outpatient procedure, or outpatient testing will not be permitted to have visitors.
No visitation will be permitted for outpatient testing, such as non-invasive radiology testing, routine x-rays, and lab studies.
No visitation will be allowed by anyone under the age of 18 unless they are the parent or legal guardian of a pediatric patient.
No visitors for patients suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19.
- No NICU visitation for confirmed COVID-19 mothers and partners while able to transmit COVID-19
- No COVID-19 positive persons or symptomatic individuals will be permitted to visit patient unless it has been greater than 20 days since the test or onset of symptoms.
- No individuals awaiting test results will be permitted to visit patients.
The following exceptions still apply:
- Patients coming for a doctor’s office visit may have 1 visitor.
- “End of Life” situations
- For maternity patients, one (1) additional support person, such as a doula, will be permitted.
- For minor maternity patients, a parent or guardian will also be permitted.
- Minor patients (under 18 years of age) may have two (2) visitors in the emergency department and inpatient setting, but this is limited to only parents or guardians.
- NICU and Special Care Nursery patients will be allowed two (2) visitors for the duration of the patient’s stay. Both visitors may come daily. Confirmed COVID-19 mothers and partners should not visit NICU infants while able to transmit COVID-19.
- Patients who require assistance due to mobility, reorienting/confusion (patient safety), interpretation, have court-ordered help, or need support with health care decision-making may have one (1) additional assistance person.
Please review exception with department manager to ensure that visitors meet above criteria. For visitor exceptions on the inpatient and outpatient procedures, please provide them a green wristband and ensure that name and the reason for exception is documented using the FYI process. This will be their ticket to visit.